banner.gif (24046 bytes)

CASAMENA

Over the next twelve months this blog will document the recording of CASAMENA's latest project, a hip-hop, bata exploration with Michael Spiro and your blog keeper, Carlos Mena. I've recently decided to include all things CASAMENA here as well so you'll read about other projects as well.

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

So, the CASAMENA (Living Room) remix of the Let the Record Play is done, and thanks to Osunlade's mixing ear, it sounds dope. WOW, I'm about to have a track on Yoruba Records, crazy!! In fact the only remix on the 12"!! Blessings, from the universe. OK so I need to explain the naming convention to my mixes... they are all rooms in CASAMENA
livingroom rmx= jazzy, laid back, cool
kitchen rmx = caliente, spicy, funky, soulful
bedroon rmx = straight up sexy and dreamy, often no beat
backyard rmx = breaks, broken, loud uninhibited, like the backyard parties where I grew up

anyway you get it...

What else, finally moving all the bata-hip-hop project over to Logic on the mac. Also knee deep into a remix of Roy Ayers "Funk in the Hole" off of the Virgin Ubiquiy II for a BBE 12". 4 gigabytes of raw session data wow!!! I'm still drooling onto my keyboard. I have my 1st 3 hour DJ SET (House) tonite in SF @ Voda, I better take a nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home