banner.gif (24046 bytes)

CASAMENA

Over the next twelve months this blog will document the recording of CASAMENA's latest project, a hip-hop, bata exploration with Michael Spiro and your blog keeper, Carlos Mena. I've recently decided to include all things CASAMENA here as well so you'll read about other projects as well.

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Back from NYC I know it's been a while, but here is your update. Met with Vinia Mojica in NYC, without getting into details, I'll just say Whoa! Let her mystery continue, at least for a minute... more on that in a few weeks. As far as this blog is concerned, she's on board for the project. Also, met with a potential distribution partner for casamena projects, and met with Vinia again. LOL. Yea I am mad there a no pictures of her on the web. I'll post one soon. Michael and I wll be meeting tomorrow at the CASAMENA studio and starting to examine hip-hop beats that are being created for the bata rhythms.

Osunlade gets in tonite so we should get some work done in the next couple of days.

-Carlos

2 Comments:

  • At 1:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just want to say, we're looking forward to hearing what you & Spiro & Lazaro have been putting together... & I'm sure we'll want to offer it in our online shop when it's ready. I just added his CD BataMbira, which I think is great stuff.

    peace,

    MC

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am looking foward to hearing what you put together with vinia mojica cant wait....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home