banner.gif (24046 bytes)

CASAMENA

Over the next twelve months this blog will document the recording of CASAMENA's latest project, a hip-hop, bata exploration with Michael Spiro and your blog keeper, Carlos Mena. I've recently decided to include all things CASAMENA here as well so you'll read about other projects as well.

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Feronavi just posted some beats that had my neck snappin. That kid ain't playin'. I gotta say though, there was one track I couldn't bear sending to anyone. I started writing to it immediately. Hmmm...

So here is where we are: bata loops are done, some great basslines done. We have a handful of producers putting beats together. Michael and I are going to try to get the midi parts recorded this coming week. After that our jobs will be to get vocals going, and to make sure the bata parts are integrated with the tracks, in creative ways. Oh yeah I sent some bata parts to Django, a local producer, and MC, who is making some very soulful beats... I am curious to hear how we works the bata parts on the MPC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home