banner.gif (24046 bytes)

CASAMENA

Over the next twelve months this blog will document the recording of CASAMENA's latest project, a hip-hop, bata exploration with Michael Spiro and your blog keeper, Carlos Mena. I've recently decided to include all things CASAMENA here as well so you'll read about other projects as well.

Monday, February 21, 2005

Recording session scheduled at CASAMENA with Grammy winner, Lazaro Galarraga


That's right "El Maestro" will be puttting down vocals, in two weeks... yeah I know I haven't posted in a minute... it's been really busy, I just finished a remix for Yoruba Records, for an artist they are putting out this summer, and am currently remixing another Yoruba Records artist. When did I become a remixer? OK enough about me, you can go to my livejournal blog for that. Osunlade will be here in two weeks to work on his tracks for our project. He'll also be spinning at a CASAMENA sponsored event March 10th.
On another note Michael Spiro may be replaying some bata parts to give the appropriate swing to the tracks that are coming in from producers, we may even use different toques, from the ones we recorded(I'll put up a listing of toques soon). Apparantly, Omar Sosa's tour schedule ain't working for us, we may go with another pianist *sigh*... Michael get Chick Corea on the phone please!!
All for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home