banner.gif (24046 bytes)

CASAMENA

Over the next twelve months this blog will document the recording of CASAMENA's latest project, a hip-hop, bata exploration with Michael Spiro and your blog keeper, Carlos Mena. I've recently decided to include all things CASAMENA here as well so you'll read about other projects as well.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

You may have noticed that I didn't really say anything about the vocals Lazaro recorded a few weeks ago. I was in a state of shock, as was Michael Spiro when he heard what he put down on that Sunday. WOW!! This man is arguably the greatest living akpon in our tradition, his knowledge of songs and the Lukumi (Yoruba) language is on display on this session. We can't wait to share this amazing work with you all. We still need to add the coro, and continue to work on the musical arrangements, but Michael and I are giddy!

A couple of days ago I got two amazing tracks from 20 year old phenom producer, Django, which I immediately turned around and mailed to Vinia. I'll be meeting with her in NYC in a couple of weeks by the way.

Meshell news coming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home